Probably one of my favourite inventions for women that struggle with their weight…are these NO-CALORIE NOODLES!
My Mediterranean Chicken recipe with no-calorie noodles is absolutely yummy! With delicious Italian flavours and a little bit of cheese, you’ve got yourself an incredible dinner good enough for Friday night! Scroll to find a to-die-for wine pairing for this dish.
Truth be told – there is absolutely NO SUBSTITUTE for REAL PASTA. That stuff was created by the “gods” so to speak…a simple combination of flour, eggs and water creates a wonderful vessel for pretty much ANY SAUCE.
Unfortunately, though – pasta evolves into a definite enemy of every woman (without a fast metabolism):
- Pasta is incredibly easy to make – by simply boiling dry, store-bought noodles and adding to any sauce.
- Pasta is incredibly versatile – add to any sauce and you’ve got MAGIC, and then there’s lasagne(!!!!)
- Pasta is pure carbs – which happens to be incredibly delicious, addictive and makes you fat if you do not burn the energy.
I’m quite sure I can think of many more reasons why most of us gals hate to love pasta. And in fact, personally, I do not completely avoid the stuff like the plague any more.
It has taken me MANY years of training to have the ability to eat in moderation. So, I am happy to say that today I am able to eat pasta without overindulging.
BUT – so many women (and I was definitely one of them), are unable to control their cravings. So, if you are currently one of those women – these noodles will probably become your best friend.
In my case, I love adding them to my diet when I need to lose a few…you know, when the year is tending toward bikini season.
- They act as a great vessel for any sauce, just like real pasta.
- They fill me up!!!!
- They do not contain any artificial ingredients.
- They are NO-CALORIE, LOW-CARB and GLUTEN-FREE!
These noodles are a dieters best friend as they bulk up any dish and make you feel satisfied. However, do not be fooled into thinking that they taste just like pasta. In fact, they taste like nothing until you add them to a sauce, after which they then take on that particular flavour.
Where can you buy them?
Online, Dischem, various health shops and even supermarkets (I’ve seen them in Checkers).
Watch my quick video for this recipe:
A quick overview of my Mediterranean Chicken with No-calorie Noodles:
- Season your chicken breasts with seasoning – I used garlic and olive seasoning.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, start making the sauce: mushrooms, garlic, tomato and onion mix, chilli flakes, paprika, oregano and salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes to thicken up a bit.
- Remove chicken from the oven after 15 minutes to sprinkle over a bit of Parmesan cheese (for flavour), and Mozzarella for meltiness!
- Put the chicken back in the oven for about 5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Now you can quickly drain the noodles and rinse them with a little cold water.
- Add them to your sauce, mix, and then finally serve on a plate. Add your chicken and you’re done!
- Optionally, sprinkle over some fresh, chopped basil.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: half the dish
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 8.6g
- Carbohydrates: 20.4g
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Sodium: 1208mg
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 37.7g
- Cholesterol: 77.2mg
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- seasoning - I use garlic and olive seasoning
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- For the sauce:
- 150g sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 can tomato and onion mix (be sure to use a quality one)
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 28g (1 ounce) grated Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Season the chicken breasts and drizzle with ½ tbsp olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, on medium heat, sizzle the mushrooms in a bit of bubbling water. This is a great way to "fry" things without using oil.
- Add the garlic, and cook for about 30 seconds before adding the tomato and onion mix. Stir.
- Add the chilli flakes and paprika.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Five minutes before the end, add the oregano and salt. Stir.
- After 15 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of Parmesan between the 2 breasts, as well as an ounce (28g) of mozzarella between the two.
- Place back in the oven until cheese has melted - no longer than 5 minutes.
- Drain the no-calorie noodles and rinse them under cold water.
- Then toss the noodles in the sauce and dish up!
- Place the two chicken breasts on top, and optionally serve with fresh basil.
So, today is your lucky day since we’ve saved a bajillion calories by using no-calorie noodles. Treat yo-self with a great glass of good vino – try something crisp and fresh with your chicken – it is Summer after all!
Here I’ve got a lovely HPF Kaalvoet Meisie
Sauvignon blanc, with a potentially small percentage of Semillon and Nouvelle.
You can purchase a bottle here.
OTHER RECIPES WITH NO-CALORIE NOODLES:
Chicken Chorizo Fettuccini