Not even joking guys! This past weekend, I woke up with a hangover and I KID YOU NOT – this beetroot and ginger juice sorted me out in a jiffy.
Apologies, my life has been SUPER busy the past few weeks, and obviously I’m trying my best to crank out quality healthy recipes for you guys on a regular basis. So, today’s one is super short – but COMPLETELY WORTH IT okay?
Can you tell I feel a little guilty so I’m rambling on? Haha sorry let me get right to the point!
Initially, I made the juice because I wanted a bit of a boost. Somehow, a kick of ginger and lemon just makes me feel like I’ll never get sick 😊
Anyway, I didn’t have the juice right away so kept it in the fridge.
Next day I woke up feeling nothing short of incredibly shitty. For some reason my body just doesn’t respond to alcohol the way it used to when I was 20.
Basically, I felt nauseas. dehydrated and devoid of any energy whatsoever. Plus, I could feel a steady migraine approaching.
The cold beetroot and ginger juice was JUST what I needed! Let me tell you why…
- Beetroot – Fights inflammation, lowers blood pressure, detoxifying, energy booster (also boosts sexual health in case you were interested; p )
- Ginger – Powerful anti-inflammatory, lowers blood sugar levels, treats indigestion and nausea
- Apple – For sweetness and antioxidants
- Lemon juice – promotes hydration, high in Vitamin C, supports weight-loss, great for the skin
- Liquid stevia – Completely optional if the mix isn’t sweet enough for your palate (it’s a natural calorie-free sweetener)
And BONUS – you don’t need a juicer to make this! A blender will do JUST FINE 😊
And there you have the perfect cocktail of nutrients to give you a boost when you’ve had one too many – or when you need a boost to get you through winter without getting sick!
It’s so easy, this one really didn’t need a video – but here is one anyway ;P
Hangover Buster Beetroot & Ginger Juice Printable Recipe
- 1 medium beetroot
- 1 apple
- 1 cm piece of ginger
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup water (or more depending on your taste)
- OPTIONAL: 6 drops liquid stevia
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, and blitz - for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the juice through a strainer to filter away all the pulp. If you like your juice super clear, you can strain the juice twice.
- Once juice has been strained, refrigerate until chilled before serving. Or add ice if you need the boost in a hurry!