This week, I’ve got a treat for you guys!!!! I’m sure most of you have tried those delicious carb clever seed crackers they have at Woolies these days?
If you have – get super excited – because I am going to show you how easy they are to make yourself! BOOM baby! What a great way to start the week…with Tupperware’s full of healthy seed crackers 😊
Side note: if you are familiar with these crackers, you’ll probably also know that they DON’T COME CHEAP ☹ which makes adding this recipe to your arsenal even sweeter! I guess that’s what I’m trying to achieve with the MAKE YOUR OWN series…
I WANT YOU TO SAVE MONEY on things that can easily be made at home 😊
Seed Crackers Recipe
Anyway, these crackers are divine and totally awesome because they consist ONLY OF SEEDS!
No bad stuff whatsoever!
You might be thinking: weird! How the heck do they hold together then??
Secret is in the flaxseeds my dears! When you add water to them, they soak it all up and become super sticky and glue-like. You can then add whatever else your heart desires, mix it all up and spread out onto a baking tray to bake 😊
Guys just watch my 1 minute video to see JUST HOW EPIC these crackers are!
- Serves: 15 extra large crackers
- Serving size: 1 cracker
- Calories: 82
- Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Sodium: 153.7mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 1 cup flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husks
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine flaxseeds and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Add the water and allow to stand for 15 minutes until all the water has been absorbed, and it becomes a sticky consistency. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Scoop the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (I use reusable baking sheets).
- Spread thinly and evenly across the baking sheet (about ¼-1/2 cm in thickness).
- Using a knife, score the crackers so that they can be broken into individual crackers after baking.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before breaking them apart.
- Store in an airtight container.