I have found the holy grail of weight-loss meals!
The other night, I made this delicious bacon and mushroom pasta “alfredo” with no-calorie fettuccini noodles…
Trust me when I say I could eat this EVERY NIGHT.
- ONLY 152 CALORIES FOR AN ENTIRE BOWL
- A WEIGHT-LOSS MEAL WITH BACON!!! LIKE OMGAAAAASH
- YOU WILL FEEL FULL!
- ABSOLUTELY DE-LICIOUS!
Yes, the dish is made with no-calorie noodles and not real pasta…so if you’re new to the product it could still taste a tad foreign to you but do yourself a favour and give it a try! When I first discovered no-calorie noodles (while browsing the shelves of Dischem), I used them quite unimaginatively by having them with Bolognese sauce. Still, I loved the concept: having comforting pasta Bolognese without the carbs or calories that come with eating traditional pasta. The beauty is that these noodles actually fill you up! A lot!
No-calorie Noodles are made from Glucomannan: a sugar made from the root of the konjac plant, and is said to fascilitate weight loss and treat constipation, type 2 diabetes, cholesterol and balance blood sugar levels. As a weight loss supplement, it can be very useful because it absorbes water in the gut, reducing apetite and promoting satiety.
Fast-forward a few months, and I have engineered a host of delicious recipes with these babies! (Here is another great recipe!).
My bacon and mushroom pasta “alfredo” was SUCH a treat!
The secret is in the sauce…
Like regular pasta, no-calorie noodles have no flavour and pretty much conform to the flavour of whatever you add to it. So here you have the freedom of creating a really delicious sauce, because it can contain ALL the calories of the dish With this alfredo sauce in particular, I still kept things pretty conservative because I used milk instead of cream, and no oil…
Continue to the recipe for the key secret…
184-calorie Bacon & Mushroom “Alfredo” Recipe
How to use NO ADDED OIL for this delicious bacon and mushroom pasta “alfredo” with no-calorie noodles:
*SCROLL RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM FOR FULL INSTRUCTIONS
- Cook the bacon in a non-stick pan!
- Allow the bacon to render its own fat.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms.
- Sauté in the bacon fat.
- Add a tablespoon of flour.
- Stir the mixture around until the four is cooked – about a minute or so.
- Add the milk – keep stirring to avoid any lumps.
- Keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add the spices.
- Now rinse and drain the no-calorie noodles.
- Add to the pan.
- Mix into the sauce.
Now enjoy the most delicious weight-loss meal EVER!
COOK THE BACON & MUSHROOMS
ONCE MILK IS ADDED…
- Serves: 1
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 8.1g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Sodium: 497mg
- Fiber: 12.3g
- Protein: 12.7g
- 90g mushrooms, chopped
- 2 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ⅓ cup full cream milk
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 packet no-calorie fettuccini noodles, rinsed and drained
- In a non-stick pan on medium heat, fry the bacon in its own fat.
- Once some oil has rendered from the bacon, add the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms have sautéed for a while, add a tablespoon of flour and stir until the flour is cooked.
- Add the milk and keep stirring to avoid clumps.
- Add seasoning to taste and the oregano.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the noodles.
- Allow the sauce to coat the noodles nicely then remove from the heat.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.