Is your mouth watering yet?
Well, I’ve got good news for you 😊
You can eat this Lindt Chocolate and Peanut Butter Quesadilla without feeling too guilty. And I’ll tell you the truth, I have this for lunch quite often (because I have a dangerous sweet tooth and this one satisfies is juuust right).
Why you don’t need to feel guilty:
- My quesadilla is made using a whole-wheat wrap (hello fibre!)
- It doesn’t break the calorie bank (yay!) at only 400 calories max* per serving.
- It isn’t packed with sugar as I use a controlled portion of good quality 70% dark chocolate.
Next, let me put your mind at ease…
I know Lindt chocolate is expensive, but the investment is 100% worth it. For the quesadilla, you’ll only use one square at a time so it will probably end up lasting you near eternity ;p Also, I’m not sure if you’ve had the same experience, but people tend to give Lindt Dark Chocolate slabs as gifts rather often (I have no idea why, because I don’t think anyone except me gets excited about eating it). So now, at least you can use it! These slabs are also great for making decadent hot chocolates – try my sugar-free version.
*The reason why I say 400 calories max, is because I like using those really LARGE Anat whole-wheat wraps. In other words, you could use the regular sized wraps, or even the calorie-controlled ones and save yourself anywhere around 80 calories 😊
Lindt Chocolate Peanut Butter Quesadilla Recipe
I apologize in advance if you end up addicted to my Lindt Chocolate Peanut Butter Quesadillas and have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day! You probably will – because they are so quick and easy to throw together.
I toast mine on an electric crepe-maker, but of course, you can just use a simple non-stick pan. Toasting only takes about 2-3 minutes 😊
Step1: Spread a tablespoon of smooth (no sugar, no salt) peanut butter in the centre of the tortilla.
Step 2: Layer slices of half a banana.
Step 3: Sprinkle a square of chopped Lindt 70% dark chocolate on the top.
Step 4: Fold in the sides and toast for 2-3 minutes (flip when the underside is golden brown).
Step 5: Devour the entire thing!
Note: As you can see by the pictures, I garnished mine with coconut and drizzled with melted peanut butter. This is 100% optional but take note that it also adds additional calories.
- Serves: 1
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 157mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter (no sugar, no salt)
- ½ medium banana, sliced
- 1 square Lindt 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- Spread the peanut butter in the centre of the tortilla.
- Cover the peanut butter with sliced of banana.
- Sprinkle over the chopped dark chocolate.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla and place on a non stick pan on medium heat.
- Wait till the underside is golden brown before flipping (about 2 minutes).
- Cook the other side till golden, then take off the heat and EAT!