I love these overnight-oats protein pancakes! Mostly because I have a passion for having a nice breakfast on the weekends – you know, when you have time to put a little more effort into the meal than just putting oats in a microwave for 3 minutes.
Not that these pancakes will take much longer, to be honest. These ones I made the night before, so the next morning all I had to do was put them in a pan for like 4 minutes and drown them in fresh fruit YUM!
I’ll let you in on a little secret – the “overnight” concept was not intentional. I wanted to make pancakes made with oats instead of flour (also not butter, oil or sugar) but it was only after I mixed everything together I realized that the texture of the pancakes might be a bit crunchy (like raw oats) if I don’t leave them to stand a bit. I used the original Jungle Oats, but I think you can use the instant oats instead if you want the pancakes to be ready right away 😊
Anyway, they turned out rather lovely (if I do say so myself)!
Overnight-Oats Protein Pancakes Recipe
You can make these overnight-oats pancakes in your sleep! Well – maybe make them before you’re asleep and wake up to an awesome breakfast!
I mixed all the wet ingredients together, and then added the dry ingredients – mixed – and DONE 😊 Left the mixture in the fridge overnight, and made the pancakes on a non-stick frying pan the next morning with delicious fresh strawberries and banana (I may have drowned them in organic honey as well haha!).
- Serves: 6 pancakes
- Serving size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 81
- Fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrates: 9.9g
- Sugar: 3.8g
- Sodium: 36.6mg
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 75.7mg
- ½ cup Jungle Oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla whey protein powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- ¼ cup plain applesauce (like the baby Squishes)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together.
- Then add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Let the batter stand in the fridge overnight (covered).
- Use a small scoop to spoon batter onto a non-stick frying pan greased with a little oil on medium heat.
- Allow to cook until golden brown on each side - around 2 minutes a side.
- Remove and serve with fresh fruit and honey.