So, before we officially hit the festive season, and bare our bikini bodies (or lack thereof) – why not lose some of the extra padding? Ditch the sugary breakfast cereals and replace with my fat melting protein smoothie ?
This is my summertime secret weapon – and it has been for about 2 years, so I thought maybe it’s time to share with you guys! To be honest, I’ve tried forcing it down the throat of many a despondent, unhappy-in-their-skin friend, but when they see the colour (bright green) they tend to turn and run the other way.
Don’t let the colour put you off. Personally, it makes me feel even better because of how much goodness I’m ingesting ? But most people aren’t quite like me. Anyway – had these people simply stopped to TASTE this beaut-of-a-fat-melting protein smoothie, they would have discovered it actually TASTES PRETTY DARN FANTASTIC.
#5 Reasons why this fat melting protein smoothie is a great breakfast option:
- Fat Melter – This smoothie contains less than 300 calories, is high in fibre and contains protein to facilitate weight-loss, promote satiety, and maintain muscle tissue.
- Immune Booster – This smoothie contains high levels of vitamin C, which is a water-soluble vitamin that fights cell damage.
- Eye Health – High levels of Vitamin A that improves eye sight and is involved in reducing inflammation through fighting free-radical damage.
- Strong Bones – High levels of manganese facilitates the development of strong bones and connective tissue, as well as preventing osteoporosis in post-menopausal women.
- Dietary Fibre – Helps keep you regular, and contains the enzyme bromelain that facilitates the digestion of protein.
FAT MELTING Protein Smoothie Recipe
No complicated explanations necessary – this recipe is super simple. All you do is toss all the ingredients in the blender…and BLITZ. Done 🙂
For a SUPERFOOD BOOST – add a tsp of chia seeds to the mix.
- Serves: 1
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Sugar: 24g
- Sodium: 242mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- ½ banana, chopped
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use USN Bluelab Whey)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup water
- a few blocks of ice
- optional: 1 tsp chia seeds
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.