Easy as pie 4 Ingredient egg salad? Yes please!
I made this one as a side for Sunday lunch – and it was delicious (I feel like I say that every time – but I only post the good stuff so…)! My little 2-year-old nephew then proceeded to pick out all the hardboiled eggs (he is obsessed with egg and it’s one of the only things he’ll actually eat with gusto), leaving the salad rather devoid of protein.
Hence, I was left with a whole lot of broccoli, tomato and feta – and rather pleased because now I had lunch for work the next day (whoopie). So, I simply added some grilled chicken and reduced oil balsamic vinaigrette (yummo). However, had my little nephew not picked out the eggs – I would have had a lovely packed lunch (complete with protein) all ready for Monday!
Had there been more salad leftover – I would have had lunch for Tuesday as well! It is such a wonderful packed lunch that can keep in the fridge 😊 And I love that! Especially because broccoli keeps a lot better than fresh greens and remain crunchy and don’t wilt (yass)!
Fortunately, this salad features only 4 ingredients. Unfortunately, however – two of the ingredients require cooking. No big! I mean, boiled eggs can be made easily in advance – but it is a bit of an art to make a perfect hardboiled egg because most people overcook them and end up with blue eggs (ga-rose!). So, for your convenience I will tell you how to do a good job in the egg-department 😊 Other than that – the broccoli takes 1 minute. You don’t want soft broccoli, you want broccoli that is slightly cooked but still crunchy.
How I make boiled eggs (I like the yellow to be slightly soft still):
- Fill a pot with cold water – enough to submerge the eggs.
- Place on the stove on high heat.
- Bring to a boil – and boil for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat.
- Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs from hot water and place into ice water for 5 minutes.
- They are ready!
4 Ingredient Fresh Egg Salad Recipe
- Serves: 1
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 16.7g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9g
- Sugar: 11.1g
- Sodium: 426.3mg
- Fiber: 59.5g
- Protein: 24.4g
- Cholesterol: 394.9mg
- 1x 125g bag tender stem broccoli (from Woolies)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 30g feta, chopped
- 180g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- Blanch the broccoli by putting it in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction.