On weekends, I LOVE to break the breakfast-mould – you know, from the usual healthy oats, cereal or whatever the poison may be. Last Sunday, I decided to concoct something new. Something that would go wonderfully with the works: bacon, egg, avocado and CHEESE! That’s the ultimate, right?! It all translated into my delicious sweet potato fritters!
Psssst…if you’re a fan of sweet potato – I’m pretty positive your love these two recipes:
Smashed Sweet Potato with Mexican Bean Ragu:
Sweet Potato Flatbreads:
http://caindiainfo.com/page/2/?q=viagra-or-viagra-samples P.S. Gluten free!
The only ingredients are: sweet potato, egg (to bind instead of flour), and some flavour!
When I made them, I grated the sweet potato and combined it with the rest of the ingredients. However, you can also choose to cook the sweet potato a bit after grating. Maybe pop the grated sweet potato into the microwave for a minute or so. Try it if you like, but I recommend not overcooking the sweet potato because that will get rid of the texture and make the mixture very watery.
The nutritional information: In the recipe section I have included an “extras” section as the nutritional info provided is for the sweet potato fritters alone.
A very simple breakfast option, guys. Please give it a try.
Sweet Potato Fritters Recipe
I wanted to make them without adding any flour – so I made the mixture as flavourful as possible with delicious binding agents too: like cheese and pesto! Yum!
The mixture doesn’t hold together easily so just handle carefully and you’ll have stellar results 😊
Okay, so above and beyond the sweet potato fritters calories (136), here are some added extras:
- Egg – 71 calories per egg
- Bacon – around 60 calories per rasher
- Avocado – around 58 calories per quarter
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 1 fritter
- Calories: 136
- Fat: 3.9g
- Carbohydrates: 18.7g
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 330.8mg
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 6.6g
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, grated (around 270g)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto (from Woolworths)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 30g cheese, grated (preferably reduced-fat mozzarella)
- salt to taste
- coconut oil for frying
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix.
- Divide the mixture into 3 balls.
- Flatten each ball into a "patty".
- Fry on a non-stick pan on medium heat in 1 tbsp coconut oil until brown (around 3 minutes a side).
- Remove from the pan and add desired toppings like bacon, eggs, avocado, etc.