And on to recipe number 3!
If you’re keen on the whole stuffed chicken idea, but you have some difficult people to please…I would recommend serving them this baby. I mean, who doesn’t like bacon I ASK YOU?! And if they don’t like mushrooms they are missing out on life!
Very simple once again (which seems to be a key theme in the case of stuffed chicken). All you need is 2 ingredients: bacon and mushroom – two ingredients that marry wonderfully together 🙂
You will notice in the pictures that I served the stuffed chicken with a sauce of some kind. Truthfully, I cannot guarantee that you will like this particular concoction, but try it anyway! I mixed some carb smart mayo with double cream plain yogurt – that is all. Simple. I just enjoy the flavor of mayonnaise…so for me, adding a little to some plain yogurt is a much healthier option. Although, if you don’t enjoy plain yogurt to start with…maybe just dip your finger in the mixture and taste it first.
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1 breast
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 453mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 46g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- 1 chicken breast (around 130g)
- 50g raw mushrooms
- 1 rindless bacon rasher, chopped
- seasoning to taste (Robertson's garlic and herb spice)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sauté the bacon in pan (in it's own fat), add the mushrooms, and allow to sizzle until just cooked.
- Slice the chicken length-wise, but not all the way through.
- Open up the chicken, cover with clingfilm, and pound flat with a rolling pin (about 1cm thick).
- Season the chicken breast to taste.
- Place the bacon and mushroom mixture on top of the breast.
- Roll the chicken breast closed, and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
2. Try a mayo flavored sauce: ¼ cup full fat plain yogurt + 1 Tbs carb smart mayo + optional sprinkling of chili flakes
3. The information described, serves 1 - multiply as necessary for more people.
Up next: The Spin-On-A-Classic Broccoli & Feta Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Previous: The Deliciously Melty Mozzarella & Peppadew Stuffed Chicken